City of Northport 2016 Election Headquarters
OFFICIAL Results to the 2016 Municipal Run-Off Election
- Donna Aaron - 1345 votes
- David R. (Bobby) Herndon - 1320 votes
- Dennis Hambright - 341 votes
- Judy Hayes - 205 votes
- Jeff Hogg - 372 votes
- Dale Phillips - 327 votes
OFFICIAL Results of 2016 City of Northport Municipal Elections
Winners are in bold, and there will be runoff elections for Mayor, District 1 and District 5 and the candidates are in bold-italics.
- Donna Aaron - 27.68% - 951 votes
- Vann Caldwell - 1.02% - 35 votes
- Frank Chandler - 1.19% - 41 votes
- Harvey L. Fretwell - 10.65% - 366 votes
- David R. (Bobby) Herndon - 44.91% - 1543 votes
- Woodrow Washington - 14.55% - 500 votes
- Dennis Hambright - 42.15% - 271 votes
- Judy Hayes - 37.33% - 240 votes
- Jeffery Thompson - 20.53% - 132 votes
- Tyrone Bozo Alexander - 8.43% - 35 votes
- Shawn Keith Blackburn - 27.47% - 114 votes
- Jay Logan - 64.10% - 266 votes
- Josh Fish - 12.83% - 82 votes
- Rodney Sullivan - 69.64% - 445 votes
- Joe B. Willingham, III - 17.53% - 112 votes
- James R. (Robby) Davis - 61.09% - 570 votes
- Tracy Kelly - 38.91% - 363 votes
- Danny Higdon - 32.45% - 245 votes
- Jeff Hogg - 34.44% - 260 votes
- Dale Phillips - 33.11% - 250 votes
The City of Northport will be holding its municipal elections in 2016. The Mayor and all five (5) City Council seats will be elected to a four year term. This page will serve as the 2016 Municipal Election Headquarters for general election information for the 2016 Municipal Elections, as well as information about qualifying and running as a candidate for Mayor or City Council. We will also post full election results for all six races after the election.
The 2016 Municipal Election Committee will consist of:
- Julie Ramm - Election Manager & Chairperson
- Whitney Dubose - Absentee Election Manager
- Kim Braughton
- Jordan Brown
- Flora Gay - Retired City of Northport Emloyee
- Ron Davis - Ex-Officio
If you have any questions regarding the 2016 Election, please contact one of the Committe Members. All members, except Mrs. Gay, can be reached at 205-339-7000.
The 2016 Municipal Elections will take place on Tuesday, August 23, 2016. Polls will be open in each of the five Council Districts from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm.
If you are not registered to vote, please visit the Alabama Votes - Voter Registration page (LINK) to either register electronically or to download the Voter Registration form to send in the mail.
AlabamaVotes.gov - General Alabama Election information
City of Northport Maps
Below you will find links to individual City Council District maps, as well as a map of the entire City of Northport. Election Candidates should feel free to request additional maps in other sizes if you need them. If you have a request for any other mapping request, please contact Chesley Hand, GIS Coordinator, at 205-339-7000.