- Stormwater Management
The Northport Stormwater Management Program Plan summarizes the procedures used by the City to prevent the pollution of stormwater runoff in its jurisdiction and thus protect the water quality of local streams and lakes.
As part of Northport's Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Phase II General Permit (NPDES Number ALR040017), the City must "develop, implement, and enforce a Stormwater Management Program (SWMP) designed to reduce the discharge of pollutants from your small MS4 to the maximum extent practicable (MEP) to protect water quality and to satisfy the appropriate water quality requirements of the Clean Water Act."
To attain its goals, the Northport Stormwater Management Program focuses on the following six minimum control measures:
- Public Education and Outreach on Stormwater Impacts
- Public Involvement/Participation
- Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
- Construction Site Stormwater Runoff Control
- Post-Construction Stormwater Management
- Pollution Prevention/Good Housekeeping for Municipal Operations
To report an illicit discharge, siltation from erosion, or to discuss any concern relating to stormwater run-off, please contact the City Engineer's office.
Clean Water Public Service Announcement
- 2016 to 2017 Stormwater Management Annual Report (PDF)
- 2017 MS-4 Stormwater Management Program Plan (PDF)
- 2017 to 2018 Stormwater Management Annual Report (PDF)
- 2019 to 2020 Stormwater Management Annual Report (PDF)
- 2020 to 2021 Stormwater Management Annual Report (PDF)
- 2022 City of Northport SWMPP (PDF)
- April 2021_March 2022 Annual Report Submitted (PDF)
- April 2022_March 2023 - Annual Report Compressed (PDF)