- Married to Leslie J. Wiggins
- Karl and Leslie have four children: Hannah, Benjamin, Noah, and Abbey
- Served as Troop Committee Chairman for BSA Scouts Troop 100 in Northport for seven years
- Currently employed as Vice President of Information Technology at Randall-Reilly, where he has worked since 2000
- Karl graduated from the University of Alabama in 1997 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science. He is also a graduate of the UA Computer-Based Honors Program.
Areas of Interest
- Travel, the outdoors, and geocaching
- University of Alabama sports, especially Football and Basketball
- Movies, music, and Star Wars
- Address concerns and support the citizens of District 3 while working for the best interests of the city of Northport
- Focus on addressing infrastructure issues to foster responsible growth
- Promote responsible use of city resources to serve the community
Poll Location: Indian Lake Baptist Church
- Areas located east of Highway 69 and north of McFarland Blvd. This district includes Vestavia, Archwood, Northwood Lake East, and Lakeview Estates Subdivisions, areas south of Highway 69 to McFarland Blvd and over to Watermelon Road; Vestavia, Vestavia East, Lakeview Estates and other subdivisions east of Hunter Creek Road.
- Councilman Wiggins was appointed to the City Council in March of 2023 by Governor Kay Ivey to fill the original vacancy of Mayor John Hinton, former Council Member for District 3. Councilman Wiggins was sworn in on April 3, 2023.